Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breakfast


Breakfast.
Ahh, that delicious half of "Bed and Breakfast"! How do we come up with those mouth-watering recipes? The real question is, "How can we limit our breakfast choices from the thousands, probably millions, of breakfast recipes out there?" Believe me, it is hard! We could have a new breakfast entree every morning. Do you have any idea how many ways there are to make french toast? Stuffed, puffed, baked, grilled, carmelized, fried - the choices are endless. And what to top it with? Syrup, fruit, flavored butters, powdered sugar, candied nuts? Don't even get me started on pancakes - chocolate chip, banana, pumpkin, oatmeal, ginger, blueberry, Swedish, potato, orange-ricotta (one of my personal favorites). Then there are all the egg dishes and the possible "sides" including meats, scones, biscuits, muffins, fruits, and more. Well, I won't serve anything to my guests without making a test run first to see if it makes the cut. That, in a nutshell, is how I make my choices - and limit my menu. I just don't have time to make every recipe I see (but I have certainly given it the old college try). Breakfast is my favorite meal both to eat and to make. So many tasty combinations and so many wonderful guests with whom I can share them. My current obsession is cheese souffle. Maybe you will find it on the table when you come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment